Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Touro Nevada strives to provide an inclusive community where all students, faculty, and staff can feel supported and heard. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion offers resources, training opportunities, and outreach programs so we can learn, share and celebrate our diversity.
Certificates and Training
Safe Zone Training
Safe Zone training is meant to introduce common terms and concepts for shared understanding, bring awareness to issues faced by the LGBTQIA+ community, and understand what being an ally means. Participants are encouraged to reflect upon the evolution of their understanding and think about how they can create more inclusive environments.
Cultural Competence Workshops
The cultural competence workshops are meant to introduce attendees to various concepts to aid in understanding themselves in relation to other cultures, practices, and worldviews. The workshops explore historical events that have contributed to patient reluctance to trust both the healthcare system and providers by marginalized groups.
- Diversity and Cultural Competence in Health Care: A Systems Approach By: Janice L Dreachslin, And M Jean Gilbert, & Beverly Malone
- Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present By: Harriet A. Washington
- Transgender and Gender Diverse Health Care: The Fenway Guide - 1st Edition
- Shattering Culture: American Medicine Responds to Cultural Diversity By: Sarah S Willen
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge and The Teachings of Plants By: Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Righteous Mind By: Jonathan Haidt
- Understanding Transgender Diversity: A Sensible Explanation of Sexual and Gender Identities By: Claire Ruth Winter
- Cultural Diversity in Health and Illness By: Rachel E Spector
- Pulse of Perseverance: Three Black Doctors on Their Journey to Success Pierre Johnson, MD; Maxime Madhere, MD; and Joseph Semien, Jr., MD
- The Leader's Guide to Unconscious Bias: How to Reframe Bias, Cultivate Connection, and Create High-Performing Teams By: Mark Murphy & Anne Chow