Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Touro University Nevada is committed to promoting and protecting diversity, equity, and inclusion for our entire community.
DEI at Touro Nevada
We are committed to promoting an equitable and inclusive climate that validates social identities, including but not limited to the following, as well as intersections thereof: age, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, geographic location, immigration status, Indigeneity, language, nationality, political affiliation, race/ethnicity, religion/spirituality, sexual orientation/identity, and socioeconomic status/social class.
Committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
CDEI is a university-wide committee whose focus is on supporting and promoting the institution’s value of social justice.
The committee includes faculty from each College, employees from various administrative offices, representatives from the constituency groups including Faculty Senate, MLPG, and Staff Council, and students from CHHS and COM.
- Recruitment & Retention of Faculty and Staff
- Recruitment & Retention of Students
- Celebration of Diversity & Inclusion
- Professional Development for Diversity & Inclusion/Touro Stands for Justice
- Policy & Data
- Communications & Marketing
- Curriculum & Instruction
If you are interested in participating in a subcommittee, please Email Oscar Escudero at email@example.com.
Student Affinity Groups
Touro University Nevada is home to several groups that represent the shared interest, backgrounds, and goals of our diverse community. The groups offer networking opportunities, seminars, workshops, off-campus activities, resources, and professional development.
Student affinity groups:
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association
- Latino Medical Student Association
- Native American Healthcare Ambassadors
- Rainbow Health Coalition
- South Asian Medical Student Association