Michael Tang Regional Center for Clinical Simulation
In our state-of-the-art medical simulation facility, we provide realistic learning opportunities for the next generation of healthcare providers. You will develop your medical knowledge, patient care, professionalism, and communications skills in our educational center.
To develop, deliver, and evaluate pre-clinical, graduate, and interprofessional healthcare simulation education and training activities for students, faculty, staff, and clinical practitioners through simulation techniques, training technology, and practice assessment to enhance competencies and strengthen collaborative practice.
The Basic Assumption
We believe that everyone participating in activities at Touro University Nevada is intelligent, capable, cares about doing their best and wants to improve.™ - The Center for Medical Simulation
Facilities and Training
Our students gain hands-on experience through The Michael Tang Regional Center for Clinical Simulation. You will be prepared to treat your patients with simulations using patient actors, manikins, task trainers, and more at our 18,000 square foot facility.
- Six-bed multifunctional hospital unit with an observation deck
- 11 standardized patient (OSCE) rooms with A/V system
- OptumCare Ultrasound Training Facility with nine beds
- 75 seat lecture hall
- 50 person common area
- Two simulation suites
- Two debriefing rooms
- Anatomage Table
- Student Auscultation Trainer
- SimMan Essential
- SimMan 3G
- Standardized Patients
- Task Trainer
- Abdominal examination trainer
- PROMPT FLEX Birthing Task Trainer
- Knee Aspiration and Injection Trainers
- Shoulder Injection Trainer
- Venipuncture Arm Task Trainer
- Breast Examination Trainer
- Clinical Female Pelvic Trainer
- Clinical Male Pelvic Trainer
- Rectal Examination Trainer
- Eye Examination Trainer
- Ear Examination Trainer
- Catheterization Trainer
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Learn how to react in life-threatening emergencies with the proper basic life-saving skills. This course is available upon request.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Be prepared to care for a patient experiencing a cardiac emergency with the advanced techniques taught in this course available upon request.
Tang Center Forms, Guides, and Resources
The forms, guides, and resources are for faculty members.
- Task Trainer Request Form
- Immersive Simulation Pre-Brief Guide
- Immersive Simulation Prebrief Outline
- Immersive Simulation Planning Form
- Consent to Photo, Video, and Audio Recording
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Simulation Evaluation Survey
- PEARLS Debriefing Framework
Frequently Asked Questions
A Standardized Patient is a person who is trained to portray a patient in a medical scenario by acting out symptoms, characteristics, and concerns of a real patient. The standardized patient is given a case based on a real patient and is interviewed or examined by you as if you were in a doctor's office or clinic. We use standardized patients as a tool to teach and evaluate you.