Michael Tang Regional Center for Clinical Simulation
In our state-of-the-art medical simulation facility, we provide realistic learning opportunities for the next generation of healthcare providers. You will develop your medical knowledge, patient care, professionalism, and communications skills in our educational center.
To develop, deliver, and evaluate pre-clinical, graduate, and interprofessional healthcare simulation education and training activities for students, faculty, staff, and clinical practitioners through simulation techniques, training technology, and practice assessment to enhance competencies and strengthen collaborative practice.
The Basic Assumption
We believe that everyone participating in activities at Touro University Nevada is intelligent, capable, cares about doing their best and wants to improve.™ - The Center for Medical Simulation
The Michael Tang Regional Center for Clinical Simulation (Center) has been awarded provisional accreditation from The Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH), and is working towards earning full accreditation, a recognition currently held by fewer than 180 simulation programs around the world.
Facilities and Training
Our students gain hands-on experience through The Michael Tang Regional Center for Clinical Simulation. You will be prepared to treat your patients with simulations using patient actors, manikins, task trainers, and more at our 18,000 square foot facility.
- Six-bed multifunctional hospital unit with an observation deck
- 20 standardized patient (OSCE) rooms with A/V system
- OptumCare Ultrasound Training Facility with nine beds
- 75 seat lecture hall
- 50 person common area
- Three simulation suites
- Three debriefing rooms
- Anatomage Table
- Victoria Obstetric Simulator
- SimMan Essential
- SimMan 3G
- SimMan 3g Plus
- Standardized Patients
- Student Auscultation Trainer
- PROMPT FLEX Birthing Task Trainer
- Knee Aspiration and Injection Trainers
- Shoulder Injection Trainer
- Venipuncture Arm Task Trainer
- Wound Packing
- Tourniquet Trainers
- IO Trainers
- Breast Examination Trainer
- Clinical Female Pelvic Trainer
- Clinical Male Pelvic Trainer
- Rectal Examination Trainer
- Eye Examination Trainer
- Ear Examination Trainer
- Catheterization Trainer
- Intubation Trainers
- Abdominal Exam Trainers
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Learn how to react in life-threatening emergencies with the proper basic life-saving skills. This course is available upon request.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support - Be prepared to care for a patient experiencing a cardiac emergency with the advanced techniques taught in this course available upon request.
Michael Tang Regional Center for Clinical Simulation Receives Accreditation by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare
The innovative experience our students receive from using this facility is unmatched, not only in our state, but it rivals the best simulation centers around the world.”Dr. Andrew Priest Campus President and Provost, Touro University Nevada
You are joining a community of motivated and successful leaders in the healthcare field.
Tang Center Forms, Guides, and Resources
The forms, guides, and resources are for faculty members.
- Task Trainer Request Form
- Immersive Simulation Pre-Brief Guide
- Immersive Simulation Prebrief Outline
- Immersive Simulation Planning Form
- Consent to Photo, Video, and Audio Recording
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Simulation Evaluation Survey
- PEARLS Debriefing Framework
Standardized Patient Experience
Touro Nevada uses standardized patients as a simulation tool to teach and evaluate our students. A Standardized Patient is a person who is trained to portray a patient in a medical scenario by acting out the symptoms, characteristics, and concerns of a real patient. The standardized patient is given a case based on a real patient and is interviewed or examined as if in a doctor's office or clinic.