Admissions & Aid
Join a family that is rich in diversity and community engagement. Your intellectual advancement and personal growth are important to us and we are here to help you succeed in meeting your educational goals as well as financial needs.
Touro Nevada is here for you, wherever you are.
Touro Nevada is focused on educating the best and brightest to join the courageous healthcare providers that are seeing us through these unique and challenging times. We are ready to start your new class this summer -- online or in-person -- as dictated by the healthcare needs of our communities and world.
Join faculty, staff, and current students for our new series showcasing Touro Nevada. Gain valuable insight into our successful curriculum, supportive learning environments, abundant student life, and future career outlook of our programs. All are welcome to attend.
- May 26th- Education Doctorate Kickoff (EdD) RSVP HERE
- May 27th- Education Masters Kickoff (MEd) RSVP HERE
- June 2nd - PTCAS Kickoff (DPT) RSVP HERE
- June 23rd - OTCAS Kickoff (OTD) RSVP HERE
- July 7th- PostBacCAS Kickoff (MHS) RSVP HERE
Experience Touro Virtually is held on Fridays. Even though our building is closed, you can experience the campus virtually with the admissions team. Learn more about Touro Nevada, take a virtual tour, and meet the admissions & recruitment program managers. Session begins promptly on Fridays at 1:00 P.M. PST and last approximately one hour. RSVP prior to noon on the day of the session in order to receive the meeting link.
The Admissions & Recruitment Program Managers are available even during this COVID-19 pandemic. You can reach them via email and they are available for zoom meetings. Simply email your program manager and they will schedule a zoom meeting or call.
- DO Admissions & Recruitment Program Manager
- OT, MSN, & DNP Admissions & Recruitment Program Manager
- MHS & RN to BSN Admissions & Recruitment Program Manager
- School of Education Admissions & Recruitment Program Manager
- PT & PA Admissions & Recruitment Program Manager
Your journey with Touro Nevada begins here. Learn about the specific admission requirements, tuition and fees, and financial aid.
College of Osteopathic Medicine
College of Health and Human Services
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Master of Physician Assistant Studies (PA)
- Occupational Therapy Doctorate (OTD)
Funding Your Education
A comprehensive estimated cost of attendance to aid you in identifying how much of your educational expenses can be covered by financial assistance.
Most programs are eligible to receive federal financial aid as well as assistance from other private sources. Learn more about financial aid resources available for your education.
Your Primary Application
At Touro Nevada, we support a diverse student body. It is the policy of the University to admit qualified students regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. To be considered for admission to any program offered by the University, a student must possess the academic credentials and professional attributes deemed essential by the respective program admissions committee for selection to the program.
Services at TUN
At Touro Nevada, our staff are here to support you. They will provide you with the support, skills, and tools necessary to excel in your career path. Whether in-person or online, our staff are here for you, wherever you are.
Getting into graduate programs can be challenging and you likely have a lot of questions. These common questions with answers may help.
We offer many opportunities to connect with the program managers. Visit the Admissions Event section for the ways you can connect in-person! However, most questions can be answered via email or phone which saves you time and a trip. Please email or call your program manager today!
Visit the program page for the prerequisites and GPAs needed to apply. The program managers will not be able to review your transcripts and documents to determine your eligibility or competitiveness. You may find your current institution’s advising department and the program specific centralized application services for the programs resourceful. We use the following application services:
AACOMAS for Osteopathic Medicine
CASPA for Physician Assistant
NursingCAS for Nursing
OTCAS for Occupational Therapy
PostBacCAS for Medical Health Sciences
PTCAS for Physical Therapy
Each application cycle is different and our programs continue to gain in competitiveness. The program FAQs shares the most recent competitive admissions information.
We specialize in offering graduate and post-licensure programs. Many of these programs are the first of their kind in the state of Nevada. Please see our programs for more information.
Touro Nevada is accredited through the WASC Senior College and University Commission. All healthcare programs are also accredited through national associations. Please see programs for individual accreditation information or our accreditation page.
Some programs utilize a centralized application service and/or a Touro University Nevada application. Please see each program application page for detailed information.
- Education programs vary based on the degree or program.
- Nursing degrees range from 12 to 36 months.
- The Occupational Therapy Doctoral (OTD) program is 36 months.
- The Osteopathic Medicine (DO) program is four years.
- Physical Therapy (PT) is a 36-month long program.
- Physician Assistant Studies (PA) program is 28 months.
No, we do not. All prospective students must apply and be accepted to a specific program to attend the university.
We offer counseling, tutoring, accommodations for students with disabilities, workshops, and advisors.
The university calendar and schedule allows you the time you need for the Sabbath and Jewish holidays. University functions are not scheduled during those times. We offer a Kosher kitchen for your use and Café Katan serves a Kosher menu for your convenience.
The majority of students at Touro Nevada are not Jewish. The Touro Nevada environment is supportive of diversity among students.
All programs require applicants to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. Unfortunately, we do not accept international students at Touro Nevada.
Yes, all official transcripts from all institutions attended including undergraduate and graduate must be submitted. All official transcripts that are directly and nondirectly related to your program of application must also be submitted. This includes foreign transcripts professionally evaluated by an agency, such as World Education Services, NACES or an agency approved by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
Touro Nevada does not offer on-campus housing. However, there are many housing options within just a few miles of campus. Students should consider personal transportation due to extreme heat during the summer months.
Henderson and Las Vegas are neighboring cities. Henderson is southeast of the Las Vegas Strip. It is a thriving community with cultural events, special attractions, miles of trails and open spaces, and recreational facilities as well as commercial, retail and restaurants.
- Nevada state law requires that all students, who attend courses on campus or as part of a hybrid program, must provide documentation of having received the following immunizations unless excused by religious belief or medical condition:
- Two doses of Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR) if the student was born in or after 1957.
- Tetanus-diphtheria (Td) immunization within the last 10 years. Students who are accepted to a program with a clinical component must provide records or proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), varicella (chickenpox), Polio, Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis combo), Hepatitis A and hepatitis B. A Quantiferon Gold Serum Test for Tuberculosis (Results no more than 6 months old) is also required annually.
- Additional immunizations and/or blood work may be required.
- Upon acceptance to the University, you will be contacted by your Admissions and Recruitment Program Manager, via email, if your program requires proof of immunizations prior to course registration. If you are an incoming student and have questions related to immunization requirements, please call 702-777-2092 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, for all programs except the RN to BSN program. Please see the admission requirements for each program for specific requirements.
Touro Nevada encourages Nevada residents to apply, but as a private non-profit university, we are not mandated to enroll a specific percentage of residents from any state.
The DO, EdD, OTD, and PA programs all require an interview. The MHS, PT, Nursing, and the master's and certificate in Education programs do not currently require interviews. Due to COVID-19, only virtual interviews will be conducted throughout the 2020-2021 application cycle.