Student Health Insurance
All on-ground students are required to carry comprehensive health insurance for the benefit of the university community. Read more about the requirements and sign-up for coverage below.
Health Insurance requirements
We offer a policy through Relation Insurance Services.
The rate for the 2019-2020 school year is $4,788. The cost will be billed in equal installments to your student account.
The provider network for your health insurance is Cigna. There is no coverage available for a spouse, domestic partner, and/or children under the 2019-2020 plan.
If you would like to opt out of the plan, you can do so before the new term.
The requirements to opt-out are:
- You must have coverage in Nevada
- Deductible of $3,000 or less
- Plan/lifetime maximum must be unlimited
- Active coverage for the entire school year
The following types of health insurance types do not need to meet the above requirements:
- Nevada Medicaid Insurance (Out-of-state Medicaid Insurance will need to apply for Nevada Medicaid).
- Military Insurance
- Employer-sponsored insurance via spouse, parent, domestic partner, or current employer