Certificate Application and Requirements
Start the path to advance your career and abilities. Review the admission requirements and application process thoroughly to help ensure your application is complete and processed expeditiously.
Start Date and Application Deadline
Fall 2019 Session I begins November 4, 2019. Application deadline is October 4, 2019.
View the specific educational standards and personal qualifications you’ll need for consideration of your application.
Obtained a baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accreditated institution of higher education prior to matriculation.
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application.
- Hold a valid state teaching license.
- For the Adaptive Physical Education program, applicants must be licensed as a Special Education or Physical Education teacher to qualify for the endorsement.
- For the Autism program, applicants must be licensed as a Special Education teacher to qualify for the endorsement.
How to Apply
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply. Touro Nevada offers courses for current teachers to receive an Advanced Studies Certificate. Not all programs are offered each session. Please contact the Office of Admissions for current programs.
- You must submit a completed application as well as the following items. The application fee has been waived.
- Copy of a valid state teaching license.
Mail all supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: Advanced Studies Certificate
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Applicants can email the Office of Admissions or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
The completion of requirements of any program or endorsement does not grant licensure by the Nevada State Department of Education, nor does it grant employment by any public or private school.
Adaptive PE students will be required to perform physical tasks to practice the techniques and strategies. Program fulfillment will also involve locations throughout the Valley.
Financial Aid Disclaimer
Students participating in the Advanced Studies program are ineligible for financial aid. Students may be eligible for credit-based private loans processed externally to Touro Nevada. For more information about eligibility, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Failure to comply with the above requirements by the date stated in your admissions invitation letter will result in revocation of the admission invitation.
Disclaimer: Admission requirements are subject to change.
For answers to common questions on the general application process, please visit Admissions & Aid.