Chutima Phongphua, MD, MPH, MBA
Dr. Phongphua is an honor degree graduate from the Mahidol University School of Medicine. She practiced medicine in both public and private hospitals, including in the Internal Medicine Department at the Veteran General Hospital (BKK), where she worked in the Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Room. She credits the accomplishments in her professional education and career to her parents, her mentors, her patients, and her students.
In medical school and other degrees programs, she was fortunate to have wonderful mentors as role models. Her passion for medicine and education led her to a career in teaching and research, where she hopes to continue sharing her knowledge and experience with students. She also has a strong interest in serving others, contributing her time to mission trips in underserved areas, e.g., Southeast Asia, and the Dominican Republic.
- Residency Research Training program at Palmer University, Iowa
- Master of Business Administration, University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Master of Public Health in Health Policy and Administration, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Differential diagnosis
- Physical examination
- Musculoskeletal conditions
- Neuromusculoskeletal conditions
- Head and spine neurology
- Normal aging and wellness development
- Gender-related health
- Health policy
- Business practices
- Clinical, educational, and health service research studies, including advising students