The Department of Clinical Education is here to help you experience the full spectrum of the medical practice, learn clinical practice, and determine your specialty.
The clinical portion of your training takes place during your third and fourth years at Touro Nevada. Over 22 consecutive months starting in July of the third year, you will complete clerkships in a variety of medical disciplines and be assessed. You will also complete two, year-long courses in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine. Third-year students are not on clerkship in July and fourth-year students are not on a clerkship in either November or December as that one month is assigned for residency interviews.
Third-year curriculum includes:
- Family Medicine - 1 month
- Internal Medicine - 2 months
- Obstetrics & Gynecology - 1 month
- Pediatrics - 1 month
- Psychiatry - 1 month
- Surgery - 2 months
- Electives - 2 months
Fourth-year curriculum includes:
- Clinical Management Review - 1 month (June)
- Emergency Medicine - 1 month
- Sub-internship - 2 months
- Medical Subspecialty Elective - 1 month
- Open Electives - 2 months