RN-BSN Application and Requirements
Get the degree that prepares you for the next chapter in your nursing career. Review the admission requirements and application process thoroughly to help ensure your application is complete and processed quickly.
Touro Nevada is here for you, wherever you are.
Touro Nevada is focused on educating the best and brightest to join the courageous healthcare providers that are seeing us through these unique and challenging times. We are ready to start your new class this summer -- online or in-person -- as dictated by the healthcare needs of our communities and world.
Communication with the School
We are working remotely but you can now communicate with us through Zoom Video conferencing.
You are encouraged to email your Program Manager if you’d like to schedule a Zoom appointment. The Program Manager will schedule the Zoom meeting during regular office hours and provide you a password. To schedule, please contact Elsa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the specific educational standards and personal qualifications you'll need for consideration of your application.
You must reside in the following states:
- Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, or Virginia.
You must hold a diploma or ADN nursing degree, with at least 60 transferable credit hours of course work, from a program of nursing that is accredited by national or regional accreditation body that is recognized by CHEA/DOE.
- Have a course in general chemistry, inorganic chemistry, microbiology or pathophysiology. If students have not taken a course in general chemistry, inorganic chemistry, microbiology or pathophysiology, nursing pathophysiology must be taken online at TUN during the regular program course of study and prior to enrolling in Health Assessment.
- Nevada and US constitution courses must be completed prior to graduation as this is a state-mandated requirement.
- Hold an active unencumbered RN license in your state of residence/clinical rotations and that state must be listed as one of the eligible states listed under residence requisites
Be eligible for and obtain an unencumbered registered nurse license in Nevada.
Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of the application.
You can apply to the RN-BSN program prior to obtaining an active RN license but official admission will not be conferred until an active unencumbered RN license is submitted and verified by Touro Nevada.
- Course credits from prior work will be evaluated on an individual basis. Transfer credits from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted as pre-requisites to the RN-BSN program provided they meet TUN minimum standards for baccalaureate general education.
Touro Nevada recognizes this may be a stressful time for prospective students. You may be facing challenges such as not being able to take courses in-person or taking standardized tests as scheduled, which makes it hard to meet admission requirements. We are closely monitoring these issues and have addressed your concerns by making temporary revisions to admission requirements for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle. Please review the COVID-19 FAQs below and contact your program manager, Elsa Macias, email@example.com if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your continued interest. Stay safe!
Yes, Pass/Fail grades will be accepted. Passing grades will be given the weight of a 3.0 GPA received for that course(s).
All final transcripts and conferred degree must be received to meet admission requirements. All incoming students who do not have final transcripts and conferred degree submitted prior to acceptance, will be closely monitored and will maintain their conditional acceptance status until the document(s) is received.
Important deadlines in your application process.
How to Apply
If you meet the minimum program requirements, you are welcome to apply by following these steps.
You must submit a completed Touro Nevada application as well as the following items. The application fee for the program has been waived.
- All official transcripts from each institution you have attended, including undergraduate, graduate, and foreign.
- All foreign transcripts must be professionally evaluated by an agency such as World Education Services or National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- A copy of your active RN license.
Mail supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: RN-BSN Program
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Applicants can email the Office of Admissions or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
Failure to comply with the above requirements by the date stated in your admissions invitation letter will result in revocation of the admission invitation.
Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be accepted into the program. Acceptance is based on qualification. Please be advised our programs operate on a rolling admission basis until the cohort is filled. Applicants who do not gain admission to their primary cohort of choice will be given the option to defer to the subsequent cohort.
RN - BSN Common Questions
You will find answers to some of the most common questions about the program. For answers to common questions on the general application process, please visit Admissions & Aid.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Touro University Nevada is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Online courses are available through Touro Nevada’s Learning Management System 24/7 and assignments have specific due dates and times that are included with each course syllabus.
Some instructors will use conference calls or Zoom video conferencing. Video conferences may be recorded.
This program is full-time. Courses are eight weeks in length and students take one course at a time. Each course is worth six credits.
This is an individual decision. However, this program was designed for working professionals.
Yes. However, all courses are offered only once per year. Depending on when the trimester leave is taken, students may need to return the following year at the same time to take the courses missed. Courses will not be offered out of sequence.
Your degree must be completed within a three-year span.
Students are eligible to apply for and to receive federal financial aid. For more information, please visit our website here or contact the Financial Aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each course is offered once per year. The semester of enrollment will determine the course schedule. However, if students have not previously taken a chemistry or pathophysiology course, then students will be assigned to enroll in Pathophysiology for Nurses (BSNV 457) prior to or concurrent to enrolling in Nursing Health Assessment and Pathopharmacology (BSNV 454).
Please contact the Office of the Registrar to determine whether these courses can be waived through prior course work.
Yes, per CCNE standards for accreditation. Practicum experience is focused specifically on courses including Health Policy and Leadership (BSNV 453) and Family, Community, and Global Population-Based Nursing Care (BSNV 455). Practicum experiences will include nurse leader interviews and observation, or performing community needs assessments.
Course credits from prior work will be evaluated on an individual basis. Transfer credits from a regionally accredited institution will be accepted as prerequisites to the RN-BSN program provided they meet Touro Nevada minimum standards for baccalaureate general education.
If you have graduated from an accredited nursing and/or diploma program, no additional general education courses will be required.
Here are some contacts for your potential needs:
- Admissions: contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
- Registration: contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IT: contact the Office of Information Technology at email@example.com.
- Immunizations: contact the Immunizations offices at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Us
Disclaimer: Admission requirements are subject to change.