PT Application and Requirements
You have chosen a rewarding and challenging career. Review the admission requirements and application process thoroughly to help ensure your application is complete and processed quickly.
Touro Nevada is here for you, wherever you are.
Touro Nevada is focused on educating the best and brightest to join the courageous healthcare providers that are seeing us through these unique and challenging times. We are ready to start your new class this summer -- online or in-person -- as dictated by the healthcare needs of our communities and world.
Communication with the School
We are working remotely but you can now communicate with us through Zoom Video conferencing.
You are encouraged to email your Program Manager if you’d like to schedule a Zoom appointment. The Program Manager will schedule the Zoom meeting during regular office hours and provide you a password. To schedule, please contact Elsa at email@example.com.
View the specific educational standards and personal qualifications you'll need for consideration of your application.
Submit a completed and verified application through Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
On the GRE score system, applicants must have a minimum verbal score of 143, a minimum quantitative score of 143, and a minimum analytical score of 3.0.
GRE scores will only be accepted within the past 5 years of the application.
Official GRE scores should be submitted no later than January 15 of the admission year.
Enter your GRE in PTCAS using Touro University Nevada’s code: 7592
Earn a cumulative, science, and prerequisite GPA of *2.75 or higher as calculated by PTCAS.
Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a grade of C or better:
- 4 semester credits of Biology with lab
- 8 semester credits of Human Anatomy & Physiology with lab
- 8 semester credits of General Chemistry with lab
- 8 semester credits of Physics with lab
- 6 semester credits of Behavioral Sciences
There is no expiration on prerequisite coursework.
An applicant may have up to two prerequisite courses pending. All the prerequisite courses must be completed before the candidate begins the program.
*For the 2022-2023 application cycle, ff you have below a 2.75 GPA, we will accept a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher from the last 60 credits of post-baccalaureate courses or a cumulative GPA of 2.75 from a Master's level program. The graduate program curriculum must include relevant science coursework.
Obtain a baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to matriculation. If your degree is still in the progress of being conferred/completed, you must have your degree on an official transcript prior to the start of the program.
Submit two letters of recommendation:
- One letter must be from a licensed health care professional.
- One additional letter of recommendation can be from a college faculty member or advisor.
Letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the recommenders on letterhead and must include contact information.
The letters of recommendation must be submitted via PTCAS.
Hold a U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application.
Must meet the required PT Technical Standards, which includes the physical abilities necessary to perform as a physical therapist.
Demonstrate academic competence, personal/professional achievements, leadership (through extracurricular, work or community activities), community service, diversity experiences, good oral and written communication skills, and personal/lifestyle management.
- Such as coping mechanisms, critical thinking, unique life experiences and time management.
Have experience or observation in physical therapy.
- Applicants need a minimum of 100 hours of observation in physical therapy practice settings under the supervision of a licensed PT or PT assistant.
The DPT program does not accept transfer students or transfer credits.
Invited applicants are required to submit the online Kira video assessment for evaluation for entry into the program.
- Kira is a video-based interview platform. Candidates will be asked to submit timed videos from a randomized set of questions pre-recorded by TUN.
- Applicants will be invited to complete the assessment once the TUN supplemental application has been received.
- Applicants will have unlimited access to practice questions. The formal assessment can be completed on their own time and in the comfort of their home.
- Applicants will need a desktop or laptop computer with functioning webcam, microphone, and internet connection.
- The assessment is due within one week of receiving the invitation link.
Touro Nevada recognizes this may be a stressful time for prospective students. You may be facing challenges such as not being able to take courses in-person or taking standardized tests as scheduled, which makes it hard to meet admission requirements. We are closely monitoring these issues and have addressed your concerns by making temporary revisions to admission requirements for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle. Please review the COVID-19 FAQs below and contact your program manager, Elsa Macias, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions. Thank you for your continued interest. Stay safe!
Yes, we will accept Pass/Fail grades. If your institution does not provide a transcript key on what letter grade the pass grade is equivalent to, it will be evaluated as a “C” for undergraduate courses/”B” for graduate courses.
- In the event your institution does not include a transcript key, we will accept verification from your instructor (on letterhead and signed or direct email to the program manager) indicating the numerical grade and letter grade equivalency.
- Although not deemed competitive, pass/fail grades are acceptable.
We will accept online coursework for the duration that institutions remain closed and are unable to offer in-person classes due to the pandemic.
Yes, the GRE is still required. However, we are accepting the “At Home Testing” option offered by ETS. We will still review applications of those who do not have GRE scores to report (if the proctored GRE is not a viable option), but keep in mind, not having scores may impact the competitiveness of your application. Please note, official GRE scores must be received before the start of the program.
No, 100 observation hours are still required. If your scheduled hours were cancelled and you’re unable to fulfill this requirement due to the pandemic, we will still review your application. However, 100 must be completed by the start of the program.
If you’re unable to request a recommendation from a licensed PT because you’re not able to observe or shadow due to the pandemic, we will accept one from a licensed health care professional.
All final transcripts and conferred degree must be received to meet admission requirements. All incoming students who do not have final transcripts and conferred degree submitted prior to acceptance, will be closely monitored and will maintain their conditional acceptance status until the document(s) is received.
Important Deadlines in your application process.
How to Apply
If you meet the minimum program requirements, you are welcome to apply by following these steps.
- Submit the primary application through the Centralized Application System for Physical Therapy (PTCAS).
- Direct applications are not accepted.
- When prompted, designate Touro University Nevada on your application to ensure your application is received.
- Direct applications are not accepted.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended (includes undergraduate, and graduate-level coursework). All foreign transcripts must be professionally evaluated by an agency such as World Education Services or National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Submit the secondary application through the link provided in your email invitation. Pay a non-refundable application fee of $75. NOTE- do not submit the secondary application unless invited.
Mail all supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: Physical Therapy Program
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Applicants can email the Office of Admissions or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be accepted into the program.
- There are 40 students admitted each year into the PT program.
If you are successfully admitted, you are required to:
- Submit the $1,000 deposit by the required date for the 2021-2022 application cycle. For the 2022-2023 cycle, the new deposit amount will be $500.
- Submit immunization records prior to matriculation including health and physical examinations.
- Pass a Level I criminal background check.
- Applicants to the School of Physical Therapy should be aware that any felony convictions may impact the graduate’s eligibility for certification and credentialing.
- Provide proof of health insurance coverage.
Failure to comply with the above requirements by the date stated in your admissions invitation letter will result in revocation of the admission invitation.
PT Common Questions
You will find answers to some of the most common questions about the program. For answers to common questions on the general application process, please visit Admissions & Aid.
Yes, it is. The Touro Nevada Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). TUN is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Although each application pool is unique, the average undergraduate cumulative and science GPA of our last entering class were 3.34 and 3.18, respectively.
No, the PT program does not accept transfer students.
No. You may have up to two prerequisite courses in progress and you will be required to successfully complete all prerequisite courses prior to beginning the PT program. An official transcript reflecting the completion of the courses will be required prior to matriculation.
No, the PT Admissions Committee will determine your eligibility based on all materials submitted to the program. However, the DPT Admissions Committee utilizes KIRA, a virtual assessment.
It takes PTCAS approximately 4-6 weeks to verify applications, after which they can be viewed by the Touro Admissions Committee. It will take approximately four weeks for the admissions office to process your application.
Questions? Contact Us
Disclaimer: Admission requirements are subject to change.