PT Application and Requirements
You have chosen a rewarding and challenging career. Review the admission requirements and application process thoroughly to help ensure your application is complete and processed quickly.
Touro Nevada is here for you, wherever you are.
Touro Nevada is focused on educating the best and brightest to join the courageous healthcare providers that are seeing us through these unique and challenging times. We are ready to start your new class this summer -- online or in-person -- as dictated by the healthcare needs of our communities and world.
If you have questions during this pandemic, please contact your admissions program manager during office hours -- 9-11am and 2-4pm MTWTh -- at the zoom link provided.
View the specific educational standards and personal qualifications you'll need for consideration of your application.
Submit a completed and verified application through Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
On the GRE score system, applicants must have a minimum verbal score of 143, a minimum quantitative score of 143, and a minimum analytical score of 3.0.
Applicants for the current class must submit GRE scores to PTCAS that are no older than August 1, 2015. Official GRE scores should be submitted no later than January 15, 2020.
Earn a cumulative, science, and prerequisite GPA of 2.75 or higher.
Complete the following prerequisite coursework with a grade of C or better:
- 4 semester credits of Biology with lab
- 8 semester credits of Human Anatomy & Physiology with lab
- 8 semester credits of General Chemistry with lab
- 8 semester credits of Physics with lab
- 6 semester credits of Behavioral Sciences
Obtain a baccalaureate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to matriculation.
Submit two letters of recommendation:
- One letter of recommendation must be from a college faculty member or advisor.
- One letter must be from a licensed health care professional.
Letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the recommenders on letterhead and must include contact information.
The letters of recommendation must be submitted via PTCAS.
Hold a U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application.
Must meet the required PT Technical Standards, which includes the physical abilities necessary to perform as a physical therapist.
Demonstrate academic competence, personal/professional achievements, leadership (through extracurricular, work or community activities), community service, diversity experiences, good oral and written communication skills, and personal/lifestyle management.
- Such as coping mechanisms, critical thinking, unique life experiences and time management.
Have experience or observation in physical therapy.
- Applicants need a minimum of 100 hours of observation in physical therapy practice settings under the supervision of a licensed PT or PT assistant.
The DPT program does not accept transfer students or transfer credits.
Important Deadlines in your application process.
How to Apply
If you meet the minimum program requirements, you are welcome to apply by following these steps.
- Submit the primary application through the Centralized Application System for Physical Therapy (PTCAS).
- Direct applications are not accepted.
- When prompted, designate Touro University Nevada on your application to ensure your application is received.
- Direct applications are not accepted.
- Submit the secondary application through the link provided in your email invitation. Pay a non-refundable application fee of $75. NOTE- do not submit the secondary application unless invited.
Mail all supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: Physical Therapy Program
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Applicants can email the Office of Admissions or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be accepted into the program.
- There are 40 students admitted each year into the PT program.
If you are successfully admitted, you are required to:
- Submit the $1,000 deposit by the required date.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended (includes undergraduate, and graduate level coursework). All foreign transcripts must be professionally evaluated by an agency such as World Education Services or National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
- Submit immunization records prior to matriculation including health and physical examinations.
- Pass a Level I criminal background check.
- Applicants to the School of Physical Therapy should be aware that any felony convictions may impact the graduate’s eligibility for certification and credentialing.
- Provide proof of health insurance coverage.
Failure to comply with the above requirements by the date stated in your admissions invitation letter will result in revocation of the admission invitation.
PT Common Questions
You will find answers to some of the most common questions about the program. For answers to common questions on the general application process, please visit Admissions & Aid.
Yes, it is. The Touro Nevada Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE). TUN is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Although each application pool is unique, the average undergraduate cumulative and science GPA of our last entering class were 3.36 and 3.16, respectively.
No, the PT program does not accept transfer students.
No. You may have up to two prerequisite courses in progress and you will be required to successfully complete all prerequisite courses prior to beginning the PT program. An official transcript reflecting the completion of the courses will be required prior to matriculation.
No, the PT Admissions Committee will determine your eligibility based on all materials submitted to the program.
It takes PTCAS approximately 4-6 weeks to verify applications, after which they can be viewed by the Touro Admissions Committee. It will take approximately four weeks for the admissions office to process your application.
Questions? Contact Us
Disclaimer: Admission requirements are subject to change.