DPA Application and Requirements
The Touro Nevada program is designed specifically for busy PAs who want to advance their learning while maintaining a commitment to clinical experience within their practice. Review the admission requirements and application process thoroughly to help ensure your application is complete and processed quickly.
Touro Nevada is here for you, wherever you are.
Communication with the School
We are working on campus and remotely. You can now communicate with us conveniently through Zoom video conferencing and on-campus by appointment. We also offer information sessions and events throughout the year.
You are encouraged to email us to schedule a Zoom appointment or an in-person meeting. To schedule, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the specific educational standards and personal qualifications you’ll need for consideration of your application.
Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in an accredited Bachelor's or Master’s PA Program.
Starting Fall 2023, have earned a bachelor's or master’s degree in physician assistant studies or similar program from an accredited institution.
Submit two letters of recommendation:
- One letter of recommendation must be from a physician and/or administrator who can verify clinical experience.
Letters of recommendation should be sent directly by the recommenders on letterhead and must include contact information.
Recommendations are also accepted via Virtual Evaluations and Interfolio.
- Current licensure or possess an Emeritus status.
- NCCPA certification or Emeritus status
- Proficiency with standard written English, including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing.
- The program does not accept transfer students.
Important deadlines in your application process. Submit two weeks prior to the deadline for best consideration.
How to Apply
If you meet the minimum program requirements, you are welcome to apply by following these steps.
- Submit a Touro Nevada application with a non-refundable application fee of $75.
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae that demonstrates the minimum of two years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant or a Physician Assistant Educator.
- Submit a Doctoral Entrance Essay which includes the following: a brief biography, career plan, and goals in pursuing the doctorate at Touro University Nevada. The essay should also include proposed topics being considered for the research project or thesis.
- Submit two letters of recommendation, at least one from physician and/or administrator who can verify clinical experience and provide a recommendation for the candidate.
- Submit verification of NCCPA certification or Emeritus status.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended (including undergraduate and graduate-level coursework). All foreign transcripts must be professionally evaluated by an agency, such as the World Education Services or an agency approved by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers.
- Selected candidates will be invited for an interview with DPA Committee.
Mail all supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: DPA Program
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
Applicants can email the Office of Admissions or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
Starting for the Fall 2023 cohort, Admissions Committee interviews are no longer required.
If you’re successful in joining the Touro Nevada family, you will be contacted by telephone and/or email and are required to:
- Submit the $500 deposit by the required date.
Failure to comply with the above requirements by the date stated in your admissions invitation letter will result in the revocation of the admission invitation.
Questions? Contact Us
Disclaimer: Admission requirements are subject to change.