Doctor of Physician Assistant
The Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) is a terminal doctoral degree for graduate PAs offered at Touro University Nevada. The clinical doctorate is designed to complement the core clinical and professional foundation of the graduate Physician Assistant. The DPA curriculum prepares graduates to utilize their specialized area of medical/surgical practice to expand on key professional attributes including clinical expertise, scholarly endeavors, and leadership skills to practice in a contemporary healthcare field.
DPA Program Features
The Doctor of Physician Assistant curriculum is a comprehensive academic program designed to prepare the graduate PA for participation in various roles in healthcare.
Touro University Nevada is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) as a branch campus of the California school.
DPA graduates will be prepared to participate in industry leadership roles as advanced clinical practitioners, medical educators, healthcare policy experts, and researchers.
Goals and Outcomes
The program is designed to advance your career with a focus on your clinical specialty.
- Develop in-depth, accurate, evidence-based knowledge of the field.
- Understand central issues and current research in health care.
- Critically appraise and apply theoretical information to solve practical problems.
- Design, conduct, and interpret research.
- Prepare and communicate scholarly information in written and oral forms to scientific and lay audiences.
Touro Nevada was established to help address critical needs in healthcare and education, and as a resource for community service in the state of Nevada. Come be a part of our family.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in physician assistant studies or a similar program
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- NCCPA certification or Emeritus status
- Minimum two years of clinical practice/experience
- Submit two letters of recommendation
All applicants must complete a Touro application and submit a $75 nonrefundable application fee.
The mission of the Touro University Nevada DPA Program is to advance graduate Physician Assistants in their professional growth by providing a comprehensive, structured Doctoral level study.
Here For You
Your goals are supported at Touro Nevada. You can receive academic and personal support, get involved in clubs and organizations, and enjoy life in southern Nevada.Life at Touro Nevada
Technology & Facilities
Touro Nevada understands that innovation in technology and our facilities are vital component to your success. Investment into equipment, technology, classrooms are on-going and part of Touro Nevada's commitment to students.Explore Campus Facilities
Your Touro Nevada faculty are more than professors. They are leaders in their respective fields. You will also be supported by staff who are dedicated to students and the university.Your Faculty & Staff