Find information to help you navigate the financial aid application process. You are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you want to work on campus, apply for financial aid, and/or apply for scholarships.
Financial Aid Application Process
The Office of Financial Aid will assess your financial need and aid eligibility using the information you include on your FAFSA. Should you require financial assistance, additional instructions will be provided throughout the process. Complete the required forms by May 1, 2020, to guarantee a review of your application in time for the start of the new academic year.
Create your FSA ID online. The FSA ID will suffice as your electronic signature when completing your FAFSA. The request for a FSA ID may take up to 3 business days to process. The FSA ID will remain the same unless you choose to modify, and will be required to access various financial aid related systems.
- Complete your 2019-2020 FAFSA by the priority file date of May 1, 2019 to provide the Office of Financial Aid adequate processing time.
- Complete your 2020-2021 FAFSA by the priority file date of May 1, 2020, to provide the Office of Financial Aid adequate processing time.
When completing your FAFSA use the following School Code:
- School Code: 041426 (Touro University – Vallejo, CA)
- NOTE: Some students will be selected by the U.S. Department of Education to have information reported on the FAFSA documented (e.g., citizenship, selective service registration, social security number verification, student loan default, etc.)
- Other students may be selected for a process called Verification. If your FAFSA is selected for Verification or you need to verify any information reported on your FAFSA you will be notified via your Student Aid Report.
- You can also access your TouroOne Portal to determine if you need to submit documentation for review.
- Proceed to Step 3 to learn more about the financial aid process.
You can check on the status of your financial aid using the TouroOne Portal.
Select the Financial Services tab. You can track your financial aid and identify if you need to submit any documentation or complete a process such as Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note, etc.
Once the Office of Financial Aid receives a valid FAFSA, your financial aid eligibility will be determined and you will be notified via your Touro email along with instructions on how to accept, decline, or reduce your offered aid.
If you do not yet have a Touro assigned email, please check your TouroOne Portal frequently to review the status of your financial aid application.
Plan early. Before you receive your award notification you need to begin thinking about how much aid you really need to cover your tuition, fees, and living expenses.
Before you accept or decline the financial aid you have been offered, complete the interactive budget worksheet to assist you in identifying how much money you will need to borrow for the academic year.
Estimated Cost of Attendance information is available to assist you with proper planning and budgeting for the upcoming academic year.
**Remember if you find that you did not accept enough financial aid initially and you requested less than your designated cost of attendance you can always request additional funds by visiting the Office of Financial Aid.**
All FIRST TIME BORROWERS must log onto www.studentloans.gov and complete entrance counseling for each loan type – Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford Loans and Graduate PLUS loans.
You will also need to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for each type of loan you decide to use to fund your education.
This means you will need to sign TWO MPNs if you are borrowing both Stafford (subsidized and/or unsubsidized) and Graduate PLUS loans.
Use the Touro University Nevada’s LOAN CODE of E01879 when completing your counseling and MPNs.
As you prepare to begin your academic year, Touro Nevada will help you prepare. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions that you may have throughout the financial aid process.