To be considered for acceptance in the Master of Science in Nursing Graduate Certificate program, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- At this time, the MSN Certificate program will have limited admissions restricted to students from these specific states according to the specific certificate you are applying to:
- FNP Certificate students must reside in either of the following states: California or Nevada.
- Educator Certificate students must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, or Vermont.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0. GPA of 2.5-3.0 will be considered for conditional admission and will have to maintain a 3.0 in the first trimester of the certificate program.
- MSN degree from a program of nursing accredited regionally and nationally and by a nursing accreditor, including CCNE, NLNAC, CNEA, or ACEN.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement of education and career goals in relation to the certificate program.
- One letter of reference from a nursing supervisor/professional.
- Hold a U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application.
- Possess basic computer skills to complete Internet searches and use Microsoft Office.
- Be able to comply with TUN’s required Code of Conduct, Nursing Technical Standards and Good Moral Character Behavior policy which includes the physical, emotional, and mental abilities necessary to perform as a nurse.
Additional requirements for FNP Certificate applicants:
- Be eligible for and obtain a registered nurse license in Nevada.
Note: Must submit receipt from the Nevada State Board of Nursing for the license application with the online program application. If the Nevada State Board of Nursing will not grant a Nevada license for any reason admission may be denied/revoked.
Prior to FNP clinical coursework students must ensure that immunizations required by the clinical site are provided, a background check and drug screen are completed, and CPR (American Heart Association) certification is current. Any other criterion that the clinical site requires is the student’s responsibility to obtain in order to complete clinical hours within the appropriate timeframe.
How to Apply
- Submit the application. Indicate the cohort you wish to apply to on the admissions application: March (mark Spring), July cohort (mark summer), November (mark Winter).
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $75. The fee can be paid online through the admissions application.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended, including undergraduate and graduate.
- Submit a personal statement of education and career goals in relation to the certificate program.
- Submit a current CPR- American Heart Association certification at the healthcare provider level prior to entry into clinical courses (FNP track only).
- Submit Nursing Technical Standards.
- Submit supporting document to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: MSN Program
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
- Students can email the admissions office or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
- Submit all required information to the Admissions Department by the priority deadline for the cohort you wish to start. Priority deadlines are: January 21 for March Cohort, May 29 for July Cohort, and September 21 for November Cohort.
- Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be accepted into the program. Acceptance is based on qualification.
If accepted to the MSN certificate program, evidence of the following must be submitted prior to matriculation:
- Pass a Level I criminal background check and drug screen.
- Submit the $500 deposit by the required date.
- Health insurance.
- Immunization record of vaccination against Hepatitis A and B, Varicella, MMR, Tetanus Diphtheria booster (TD) and 2-step TB screen.
- Health and physical clearance completed by a physician or PCP.
Disclaimer: Admission requirements are subject to change.