To be considered for acceptance in the Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences (MHS) degree program, applicants must have completed all of the following admission requirements:
- Obtained a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to matriculation.
- Earned a cumulative and science GPA of 2.9 or higher.
- Completed the following prerequisite coursework with a grade of C or better:
-4 semester credits of Biology/Zoology with lab
-4 semester credits of Inorganic Chemistry with lab
-4 semester credits of Organic Chemistry and/or Biochemistry with lab
-4 semester credits of Math/Computer Science
-2 courses of College English or TOEFL iBT of 80
- Hold a U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application.
- Have a strong desire to attend medical school or a physician assistant studies program.
- Be able to handle the rigors of and challenges of the basic science courses of medical school that are part of the MHS curriculum.
- Please note: It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all admission requirements are met for the medical or professional school they plan to apply for following the MHS program.
- Effective 2017-2018 application cycle.
- Touro University of Nevada – College of Osteopathic Medicine (TUNCOM) Grade Replacement Policy:For students enrolled in the Touro University Nevada Medical Health Science (MHS) program, TUN’s Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine applicant GPAs will be revised and grade replacement will be approved using the final attempt at repeated courses for the subsequent application cycle.This recalculation is only for students enrolled in the TUN MHS program and will occur after submission of the applicant’s AACOMAS application. MHS applicants to the TUNCOM must meet all admission requirements prior to matriculation into the program and must adhere to the AACOMAS Repeat Coursework Policy when submitting their AACOMAS application.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To learn more about the admissions process, applicants are encouraged to read the TUN Medical Health Sciences Frequently Asked Questions 2017-2018.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a completed Application and pay a $75 nonrefundable application fee. The fee can be paid online through the admissions application.
- Submit a signed copy of the MHS Technical Standards.
- Submit ALL official transcripts from all institutions you have attended, including undergraduate and graduate if you did not complete an AACOMAS or CASPA application for the 2017-18 application cycle. All applicants who did not complete an AACOMAS or CASPA application for the 2017-18 application cycle must submit the GPA calculator for your application to be reviewed.
Please note it is the applicant’s responsibility to submit official evaluation of transcripts if attended any foreign institution(s) outside of the U.S. Foreign graduates must have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (www.wes.org).
- Submit a personal statement responding to the following: How can the MHS program help you reach your goals?
- Submit a resume or curriculum vitae.
- Submit two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be sent directly from recommenders on letterhead and must be signed. Recommendations are also accepted via Virtual Evaluations and Interfolio. Choose one of the following options:
- Two letters from college science professors;
- One pre-professional/academic committee summary letter; or
- One letter from a practicing health care provider and one letter from a college science professor.
- Mail all your supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada/ Office of Admissions
Attn: Medical Health Sciences
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
- You will receive an email once your documents have been received.
- The application cycle for the July 2018 cohort will begin August 1, 2017. Applications and all application materials will be accepted until April 1, 2018. Acceptance is based on qualifications and admissions is on a rolling basis. Rolling admissions signifies that applications are reviewed as they arrive through the Centralized Application System and/or Touro University Nevada admissions application. The committee review selection begins after applications are verified and will continue until all the accepted positions are filled. Once the accepted positions are filled and the waitlist is maximized, the application review will end for the cycle. This may take place well before the stated deadline(s) due to the volume of applications that are received each year. To receive the best consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply early.
- Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be accepted into the program. 60 students will be admitted for the July 2018 cohort.
- Students who are successfully admitted must:
- Proof of health insurance coverage will also be required at registration.
- Submit the $500 deposit by the required date.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Provide proof of immunizations.
Contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (702) 777-1750.
Effective July 1, 2015, upon acceptance to Touro University Nevada’s Medical Health Sciences program, all deposits made to secure a position in the class are non-refundable.