Derek Meeks, DO
Chair of Specialty Care Department and Associate Professor
Dr. Meeks obtained his Bachelor of Science degree at Brigham Young University. He then attended the University of Health Sciences, Kansas City for his Doctorate of Osteopathy. He did a rotating internship and a residency in Emergency Medicine at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital in Pontiac, Michigan. He then moved to Las Vegas to practice Emergency Medicine at Sunrise Hospital, University Medical Center ER and Trauma Center, and now at Boulder City Hospital. He has also practiced Hyperbaric Medicine and is certified as an Independent Medical Examiner.
Currently, he is the Director of the Emergency Department at Boulder City Hospital and serves on their Board of Directors and Quality Improvement committees. His greatest enjoyment is working with the medical students while serving as the Director of the Clinical Systems Course at Touro University Nevada. At Touro, he also serves as the chair of the Specialty Care department, is a member of the Curriculum Committee, and is the recently appointed Vice-Dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Bachelor of Science, Brigham Young University, UT
- Doctorate of Osteopathy at University of Health Sciences-College of Osteopathic Medicine, Kansas City, MO
- Emergency Medicine residency at Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital Level 1 Trauma Center
- Board Certified in Emergency Medicine (AOBEM)
- Board Certified Independent Medical Examiner
- Director of Clinical Systems
- 2015 Professor of the Year, Touro University Nevada
- AOA - American Osteopathic Association
- ACOEP - American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
- NOMA - Nevada Osteopathic Medical Association
- Director/Physician of Emergency Department at Boulder City Hospital