If a nurse has completed a Master of Science in Nursing degree at a regionally accredited and nursing specialty accredited institution (CCNE, NLNAC, CNEA, ACEN), they may return to Touro University Nevada to obtain a Post-Masters Graduate Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner specialty.
The PMC-FNP program prepares students to meet educational eligibility requirements to sit for National Nurse Practitioner Certification examinations for both AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners) and ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center) with the population focus as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
Family Nurse Practitioner: didactic courses online with 3 visits to campus of 2-3 days each for OSCE experiences and 580 precepted clinical hours with practicing providers
Post MSN Graduate Certificate Program Outcomes
1. Analyze and synthesize knowledge from nursing and related sciences to design and deliver advanced, ethical and evidenced based clinical prevention and population care and services for diverse populations in a variety of care settings.
2. Evaluate healthcare policy, regulatory, legal, economic and sociocultural environments to advocate for patients and affect change in the healthcare system.
3. Apply organizational and systems leadership concepts to function as a leader and change agent in one’s nursing specialty.
4. Contribute to the development of new knowledge within their specialty area by identifying gaps and disparities in available evidence and formulating research questions to meet the identified knowledge and practice needs.
5. Function as a leader while collaborating in inter and intra disciplinary teams to optimize patient and population health outcomes.
6. Create a professional development plan to promote the personal and professional growth of oneself and others that fosters implementation of best practices to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
7. Evaluate processes and systems for continuous quality improvement across the care continuum in a variety of settings.
8. Participate in development and evaluation of informatics and healthcare technologies for appropriate integration into practice to contribute to enhanced patient safety and care outcomes.
**The post-graduate APRN certificate program at Touro University Nevada is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education