Touro Nevada Offers Online Resources to Help Employees and Students Work Remotely
As Touro University Nevada continues online education and working remotely, resources are available to assist faculty, staff, and students as they complete their work from home during COVID-19.
Earlier in the month, Touro University Nevada held two town hall webinars: one for employees, and the other for students. Each town hall was well-received and important university updates were discussed.
The IT Department has also included several resources for both employees and students:
For employees, the IT Department can help with the following:
Faculty Technology Training
- Canvas, Mediasite, Kaltura, Zoom
Staff Technology Training
- Zoom, Box
- IT Department, Touro College Help Desk, Vendor Support (Canvas), AccessTUN Training, Instructional Designers, and CILT Website
For students, the IT Department can help with the following:
- Canvas – Learning Management System
- Mediasite – Lecture Capture System
- Kaltura – Video-Streaming System
- Zoom – Videoconferencing System
Support Remote Learning
- Personal Computing Equipment
- Student email
- Google Drive
- Canvas Student Mobile App
- TUN Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
- Vendor Support (Canvas 24/7 Phone and Chat support)
Handling Home Internet and Other Service Outages
- Contact your internet service provider
- Monitor service status notification web pages
Additional Resources for Students
All offices open each day to meet with students via Zoom, chat, or by phone
- Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Call DOSA main line at 702-777-3077
Student Health – Call 702-777-9970
- Zoom appointments with Nurse Practitioner Gretchen Fulkerson
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Student Counseling – Zoom Meetings (HIPAA Compliant Zoom)
- Tutoring: Request online
- Learning Specialists meetings via Zoom
- Academic Workshops
Office of Student Involvement
- Reach out to program virtually with Cathy Godfrey
- Be on the lookout for other programs, podcasts, and opportunities to connect virtually.
Jay Sexter Library
All digital library resources are available 24/7
Librarians are available to assist
- Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. via chat (Ask a Librarian), email, or Zoom
- Library instruction session, individual training sessions, and research consultations are available remotely
- Interlibrary loan electronic delivery of documents is available
- Start at Library website
- Self-enroll Research Canvas course is under construction
- First module will be a virtual poster session from Research Day 2020
- IRB is still reviewing human subject research protocols
- An advisory regarding future planning/screenings/other measures to existing protocols is being reviewed and will be out soon
Lab research is virtually halted, but the University community is encouraged to reach out to the Research Department and Research Librarians to keep projects moving forward For more information, contact Dr. Cheryl Vanier, TUN Chief Research Officer, at 702-777-4784.
Center for Innovative Learning and Teaching (CILT) Resources
Thanks to Dr. Michael Barbour, Associate Professor at Touro University California, and the Touro College and University System IT Department, multiple resources are also available for teaching and working online.
For more information on these resources, please contact Dr. Jim O’Connor, Founding Dean Emeritus of the College of Education and Health Sciences, and Director of the Center for Innovative Learning and Teaching (CILT) for Western Division, from Touro University California.
Touro University Nevada will provide additional online resources as they become available.