You can't go to the gym for exercise or meet your friends for a drink or dinner. Life seems a bit out of control. We have gathered resources to help you stay active and manage the stress.
- Down Dog Yoga -- free access until July 1 for students with .edu email. They have other workout styles besides yoga.
- FSY Fitness -- local henderson studio with live daily workouts on YouTube.
- Yoga with Adriene -- 30 day yoga challenges with focused yoga themes - yoga for headaches, yoga for runners, yoga for stress, etc.
- CorePower Yoga -- access to classes on demand with live classes on YouTube three times a day.
- Nike Training Club -- free workouts through the app in a variety of workout styles and levels.
- Core Pilates -- daily 30 minute classes on Instagram TV while studios are closed.
- Headspace -- free "weathering the storm" section. $10 per year for students providing full access.
- Liberate Meditation - Free Meditations made by POC.
- Virtual Tours - Museums & Zoos. Shark week anyone? You can even watch aquariums!
- Virus Anxiety - Information and resources to help take care of yourself during challenging times.
- Resources Compiled by OSMOSIS - multiple resources for psychological health.
- Henderson Libraries -- Henderson residents have access to free online books.
- Simple Habit - a meditation app for busy people.
- Free Virtual Trips - list of museums, sightseeing, events, fitness, parties, zoos, and event virtual Disney World rides.
Battling Social Distancing
- Book Club -- pick a book to read with your friends and meet up on FaceTime every 2-3 weeks to discuss the book.
- Time Magazine 10 Virtual Book Clubs
- Goodreads Groups -- online book clubs.
- Prioritize Your Emotional Health - Touro Nevada's Student Counseling Services provide helpful tips.
Learn Something New
- Rosetta Stone - students have free access for three months.
- Fridge to Table - discover recipes by ingredients you already have.
- Udemy - watch for flash sales on the world's largest selection of online courses.
- Study Tips for Online Learning - Touro Nevada's Office of Academic Services and Institutional Support provides tips for studying.