- There is no food allowed in the library.
- The library is not open to the unaffiliated public.
- No children under age 17 are allowed in the library.
- No cell phone use in the library.
- The library is an official quiet study area.
Access and loan policies
- Books, journals, audiovisual materials, and other items on reserve circulate for two hours and may not leave campus.
- Books, journals, audiovisual materials, and other items in the open stacks circulate for seven days.
- All TUN faculty, students and staff may check out library materials.
- Up to six items are allowed to be checked-out simultaneously.
- Materials may be subject to recall after the initial loan period.
- Books placed on reserve after being checked out are subject to immediate recall. Fines apply if recalled books are not returned within three days of notification.
- Renewals may be requested in person or by calling (702) 777-1740.
- Only one renewal per item is allowed. Items with a “hold” may not be renewed.
- All materials should be returned to the reference desk.
- Fines may be assessed for overdue materials. Fines are $1.00 per day for overdue materials and $1.00 per hour for reserve materials.
- Items will be declared lost if not returned within one month. Borrowers will be charged full replacement costs, applicable fines and a $15.00 processing fee. Transcripts will be held until charges are paid.
Donations and gifts
Jay Sexter Library welcomes both monetary and material donations that enhance the collection and expand the resources necessary to create and maintain a virtual library. Please contact external relations for more information on donations.