The TUN Institutional Review Board (IRB) exists to provide protection for human subjects who participate in research. The main focus of the IRB is to review applications to identify the risks which may exist for potential research participants.
All studies that involve human subjects must apply for IRB approval or Exempt determination. Questions about the IRB application process or human subject research at TUN should be directed to TUN.IRB@tun.touro.edu or (702) 777-3124.
A Research Registration Form must be submitted for every research project affiliated with TUN, even if IRB approval is not required.
IRB Forms and Documents:
- Addendum 1 – Expedited Categories and Determinations
- Addendum 2 – Research with Children
- Addendum 3 – Research with Prisoners
- Addendum 3A – Research with Prisoner Data Sets Collected for Purposes Other than Research
- Addendum 4 – Alteration or Omission of Elements from Informed Consent Process
- Addendum 5 – Waiver of Documentation of Informed Consent Process
- Addendum 6 – Waiver of Informed Consent Process
- Addendum 7 – HIPAA Authorization Form and Appendix A
- Addendum 8 – Investigational Drugs, Other Drugs, and Devices
- Addendum 9 – Blood, Tissue, Bodily Fluids, or Other Biological Specimens
- Addendum 10 – Confidentiality Agreement
IRB Meeting Schedule:
The TUN IRB meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 8:00 am.