It is each student’s responsibility to:
- Verify that he/she is enrolled in the correct courses to complete and meet all degree requirements before the date of graduation.
- Confirm participation or lack of participation in the commencement ceremony.
- Report questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding graduation/commencement to class representatives.
- Be conscious of time requirements: turning in paperwork, making requests, arriving to commencement, and other deadlines associated with the graduation process.
- Each student must submit the Graduation Application by the established deadline. It is through this process that you declare yourself a candidate for graduation.
- Upon receiving your application, the office of the Registrar in collaboration with a representative from your academic program, will conduct an audit of your academic file. The audit will verify the following:
- All official transcripts from previously attended institutions of higher education have been submitted to TUN.
- All TUN financial obligations have been met.
- All required course work and credits have been fulfilled or will be fulfilled by the date of graduation.
- Graduation for students who have not completed all requirements will be delayed until the next available date of graduation.
- Please note: Some academic programs require the successful completion of state and/or national examination(s) prior to the date of graduation. Please review the current student handbook for your program and the current university catalog or contact your academic program to learn more information.