Partial to full scholarships are available to attend the APTA Clinical Instructor Education & Credentialing Program on two consecutive Sundays; Oct 21 & Oct 28, 2018.
The program is sponsored by Dr. Michael Laymon, Director, School of Physical Therapy and Dr. Gretchen Haase, Director of Clinical Education, School of Physical Therapy. The course instructor is Sharon Kunde, PT, MS. The event will be held at the Michael E. Tang Center for Clinical Simulation at Touro University Nevada, 874 American Pacific Drive, Henderson NV 89014.
This program provides didactic information, assessment strategies and practical training in the clinical education of Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant Students.
Participants are Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants who have an earnest desire to develop the skills to enhance student’s clinical educational experience.
At the completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the parallels between practitioner and clinical educator
- Plan for student’s clinical educational experience
- Identify student learning needs and areas of competency
- Design high-quality clinical experiences
- Implement methods that support adult learners
- Provide effective formative and summative evaluation
- Identify legal and supervisory issues associated with clinical education
- Manage the difficult and exceptional student
Touro University Nevada’s School of Physical Therapy is sponsoring this CE course in Clinical Instructor Education & Credentialing Program to support our current and future clinical instructors.
Sharon Kunde is the Academic Clinical Coordinator of Education at Concorde Career College, North Hollywood, Physical Therapist Assistant Program. She was one of the key developers of Concorde’s Clinical Education Program. She brings to this course 30 years of clinical experience and a passion for engaged and collaborative learning.
This course has been approved by the Nevada Physical Therapy Association for 15 continuing competency hours (1.5 CEUs) in partial fulfillment of the Physical Therapy NV Board of PT Examiners relicensing requirements.
- $225.00 (APTA member)
- $325.00 (Not an APTA member)
REGISTRATION AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Partial to full scholarships to attend this program are available for qualifying current and future TUN-SOPT clinical instructors. Apply now for a scholarship by completing the form below.
- Mail or email copy of PT/PTA License & APTA membership card (if member) to:
School of Physical Therapy
Touro University Nevada
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
- Complete registration packet must be recieved no later than September 23, 2018
- Individuals who are registered and unable to attend must request a refund by the registration deadline of September 23, 2018.
Minimum of 15 participants are required to run the course.
Breakfast and Lunch provided to attendees.
|Sunday, October 21, 2018|
|8:30am||Welcome & Introduction
Section 1 – The Clinician as Clinical Educator
|10:15am||Section II – Readiness to Learn|
|12:45pm||Lunch (host sponsored)|
|1:30pm||Section III – Facilitating Learning in the Clinical Environment|
|3:45pm||Orientation to Assessment Center & Assessment Center Station I|
|4:15pm||Assessment Center station 2|
|4:45pm||Scoring Assessment Centers|
|Sunday, October 28, 2018|
|8:00am||Section IV – Performance Assessment in the Clinical Environment|
|10:15am||Section V – Legal Regulatory and ADA Issues in Clinical Education|
|12:15pm||Lunch (host sponsored)|
|1:00pm||Section VI – Managing the Exceptional Student in Clinical Education|
|3:15pm||Assessment Center Stations 3, 4, 5, 6|
|5:15pm||Debriefing, Scoring Assessment Center|
Scholarship Application with Registration