To be considered for acceptance in the Master of Science in Medical Health Sciences degree program, applicants must:
- Have obtained a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to the start of the class applying.
- Have earned a minimum cumulative and science GPA of 2.75.
- Hold a U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application.
- Have a strong desire to attend medical school and be able to handle the rigors of and challenges of the basic science courses of medical school.
- The minimum course requirements include a grade of C or better in the following courses:
4 semester units of Biology/Zoology with lab
4 semester units of Inorganic Chemistry with lab
4 semester units of Organic Chemistry and/or Biochemistry with lab
4 semester units of Math/Computer Science
2 courses of College English or TOEFL iBT of 80
- The PA program sets aside slots for students who are accepted in Fall subject to successful completion of the MHS program. Furthermore, credits earned while in the MHS program will be accepted as part of the PA admission requirements.
- The MHS program guarantees acceptance into the following year’s TUN DO program provided the student meets the following criteria no later than January 2nd:
Attain or exceed the following year’s TUN DO program’s mininum published requirements,
Maintain a mininum of B for each MHS-specific course,
Rank in the upper 50% of DO students for courses shared with the DO program,
Demonstrate professional behavior at the expected level.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To help in learning about the admissions process, applicants are encouraged to read the Frequently Asked Questions for Medical Health Sciences.
How to Apply
1. Submit a completed TUN Admission Application.
2. Pay a non-refundable application fee of $50 in check or money order made out Touro University Nevada. Students can also pay online with a credit card.
3. Submit ALL official transcripts from all institutions you have attended, including undergraduate and graduate.
4. Provide a resume or curriculum vitae.
5. Submit two letters of recommendation. Two letters from college science professors or one premedical/academic committee letter. One letter can be from a physician (D.O. or M.D.).
6. Letters of recommendation should be sent directly from recommenders on letterhead and must be signed. Recommendations are also accepted via Virtual Evaluations and Interfolio.
7. Mail all your supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: Medical Health Sciences
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
8. Students can email email@example.com or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
9. Applications and all application materials will be accepted until May 1, 2013. Acceptance is based on qualifications and admissions is on a rolling basis.
10. Upon receipt of all admissions documents, the Admissions Committee will review and determine which candidates will be accepted into the program. 30 students will be admitted for the July 2013 cohort.
11. Students who are successfully admitted must:
- Proof of health insurance coverage will also be required at registration.
- Submit the $500 deposit by the required date.
- Purchase a laptop directly from Touro.