To be considered for acceptance in the Master of Science in Camp Administration and Leadership degree program, applicants must:
- Have obtained a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education prior to the start of the class applying.
- Have at least two summers of camp experience, preferably as an administrator.
- Demonstrate competency in basic computer skills such as word processing, database searches, navigating the Internet and using e-mail. Students are also required to own a personal computer.
- Hold a U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status at the time of application.
How to Apply
1. Submit a completed https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantLogin.asp?id=touro.
2. Prospective camp students application fee is waived. On the online admissions application, please choose the option of “Pay by Check” and submit your application. Once your application is submitted, we will waive your application fee internally without you having to actually pay the admissions application fee.
3. Submit ALL official transcripts from all institutions you have attended, including undergraduate and graduate, by the established deadlines. Please note it is the applicant’s responsibility to submit official evaluation of transcripts if attended any foreign institution(s) outside of the U.S. Foreign graduates must have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (www.wes.org) to determine the United States educational credit or equivalency prior to applying.
4. Submit two professional or academic letters of recommendation in official letterhead and with recommender’s contact information.
5. Mail all supporting documents to:
Touro University Nevada
Office of Admissions
Attn: Camp Administration Program
874 American Pacific Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
6. Students can email the admissions office or call (702) 777-1750 to verify supporting documents have been received.
7. Complete applications will be evaluated by the Admissions Committee. Admission decisions will be sent out by mail only.
8. Application deadline for the January term is November 15. Application deadline for the September term is June 1.
9. Students who are successfully admitted must:
- Submit the $250 deposit by the required date.
Disclaimer: Admission requirements are subject to change.